Step-by-step instruction for making flowerbeds for those who, without a solid investment, decided to make a small piece of land a paradise, invested their soul and strength.
You can not, in any way, forget the plush flowerbed that was recently seen in acquaintances on the plot. It seems to be familiar to the eyes of plants and flowers, but their combinations and simplicity are simply amazing! You, too, can create your own project, a design that will be inherent in your worldview. How can this be done? Read on and see that everything is within your power.
In the design of any flower bed or flower garden, there are certain principles, observance of which will help to increase their perception and attractiveness. A little bit about them. It is necessary to solve:
- What color schemes should be made predominant;
- Will the flower bed be a place of continuous flowering or only for a certain period of time;
- Plants, which cultures should be preferred – one species or several;
- Which of the proposed plants are similar in terms of requirements for soil, lighting, climate and humidity;
- When the flowering period begins and ends;
- What shape would I like to see a flower bed.
Do not be frightened by a lot of advice. Making a flower bed at the dacha will give a lot of positive emotions to the owner and his relatives.
Make a Plan
For a better idea of how to make a flower bed with your own hands, it is good to make a plan, preferably using millimeter paper for this. Do not be too lazy to paint the planting sites of future plants with the color gamut you would like to see.
How much to plant a plant for 1 square. M is calculated as follows:
- High and large plants – from 1 to 3 pieces;
- Medium-sized, compact – from 4 to 7 pcs .;
- Low-growing – up to 10-11 pcs .;
- Decorative ground cover – up to 10-15 pcs.
On the plan it is necessary to indicate the number of plants and the names of their cultures.
Hint: Try to plant the plants asymmetrically. This will give naturalness to planting. It should be planted so that they have room for growth.
Making the Plan Real
Using a measuring tape measure, the rope and pegs mark the boundaries of the future flowerbed. Inside, approximately 8-10″, the top layer of the soil is removed. It is carefully dug, cleaned of roots, weeds and other extraneous elements – stones, glass, etc.
Depending on the condition of the soil, add the necessary substances – sand, peat, humus, and, according to the instructions, mineral fertilizers. Then it is leveled and slightly tamped.
Beautifully designed borders, will help to make the flower bed an individual, revealing the character and way of thinking of its owner. The material can be completely different – decorative curbs that are bought in shops, stone, plastic bottles, turned upside down, bricks, homemade wicker fences from willow, etc. Then, places of planting flowers are noted.
Planting of flowers on a bed
Depending on the type of plants, some are planted in a flower bed in the form of seedlings, others are sown with seeds. The distance between the seeds should correspond to the planting pattern.
Advice! To avoid additional transplants that adversely affect the plants, it is necessary to arrange the pots with the seedlings in the planned places and make sure that everything corresponds to the planned arrangement of the planting of flowers and shrubs.
Seedlings should be planted as follows:
- For 15-20 minutes before landing, water it for a long time;
- In the left hand take a glass, and with your right palm clasp it from above so that the stem of the flower is between the fingers;
- Gently with your left hand turn the glass upside down, holding the earth with the plant with your right hand;
- Lightly pressing on the glass, we take out the seedlings from it, while we do not stretch the stem – it just lay down on the palm;
- We place a lump with the root system in the prepared watered hole;
Spread abundantly on the seedling with water.
Further care for planted plants consists of weeding, loosening, timely watering and treatment against diseases. In addition, taking into account the peculiarities of decorative shrubs and flowers, it is necessary to carry out their timely formation – pruning, pinching,
Note! Before planting, the rhizome of mature bush, if its features allow, should be divided into several parts. This will allow him to get better. Old plants do not tolerate transplantation.